For the Sponge:
- 2 cups of unbleached flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 ¼ teaspoons of active dry yeast
For the dough:
- 1 ½ cups of unbleached flour
- 6 ounces of butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 egg
- Combile all the ingredients of the sponge in a mixing bowl then cover it and let it rise for 40 min.
- To make the dough, combine the salt with flour, sugar, eggs, the spong mix and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer then mix them for 2 min with medium speed while adding the butter gradually until you get a smooth dough.
- Trasfer the dough into a bowl and cover it then let it rise for 2 h 30 min.
- Preheat the oven on 375 F.
- Using some flour, form the dough into balls and place in a greased round baking tin on the shape of a flour.
- Whisk the egg with water in a small tablespoon then brush the whole brioch with it.
- Bake the brioche for 30 min and allow it to cool down completely then serve it and enjoy.